| Itinerary Featured Experience |
- Several UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Lima City/Cusco/Machu Picchu
- The ruins of the ancient Inca Empire, one of the Seven Wonders of the New World, the City in the Sky and the Lost City
- Hop aboard one of the world's top 10 day trains: the luxury daytime sightseeing train of the Andes Plateau
- Ride in a jeep and drive through the vast Salty of Uyuni Salt Fields
- The beauty of the Uyuni Sky Mirror is breathtaking
U.S. Departure Times:
- 2024/02/28｜2.28Overnight stay on board，2.29 Arrival in Lima and overnight check-in Belmond
- 2024/03/29｜3.29Overnight stay on board，3.30 Arrival in Lima and overnight check-in Belmond
- 2024/04/21｜4.21Overnight stay on board，4.22 Arrival in Lima and overnight check-in Belmond
- 2024/05/10｜5.10Overnight stay on board，5.11 Arrival in Lima and overnight check-in Belmond
- 2024/05/29｜5.29Overnight stay on board，5.30 Arrival in Lima and overnight check-in Belmond
Day 1 USA/Canada ✈ Peru
Day 2 Arrive at Lima Airport − Lima
- Welcome to Peru! Guests who arrive at the designated time today will be picked up at the airport by a specialist to start your wonderful journey!
- Lima City Tour: Lima's Old Town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and retains a strong Spanish tradition
- Plaza de Armas: The birthplace and heart of Lima, the square is surrounded by the Presidential Palace, Lima City Hall, Cathedral and other monuments that reflect the glorious historical sites
- San Frcisco Monastery: Visit the most famous Baroque church and ancient catacombs in the city of Lima
- In the afternoon, you can enjoy the sunset along the Mirafolres Corniche or visit the Larcomar mall
Lunch: Peruvian traditional skewer cuisine|Dinner: Dinner at the hotel
Hotel: Belmond Miraflores Park Hotel or similar
Day 3 Lima ✈ Cusco − Urubamba
- Larco Museum: Ranked 20th in the world and No. 1 museum in South America, it preserves more than 45,000 complete artifacts from the current Columbian period
- After lunch, fly to Cusco in the afternoon
- Stay at the Tambo del Inka, a luxurious and scenic Inka resort in the Sacred Valley of the Inca, located on the banks of the Urubamba River in Urubamba
Breakfast: Hotel Breakfast|Lunch: Exquisite Local Cuisine Dinner|Meal: Hotel Dinner
Hotel: Tambo del Inka Hotel or similar
Day 4 Urubamba
- Yantian Maras: Visit the Inca Salt Pans and Traditional Salt Making Techniques (Closed during heavy rains, the tour will be arranged separately)
- Moray: Archaeological site, this is the agricultural improvement station of the Inca period, the agricultural experiment station of the Incas
- Watch a traditional Peruvian horse dance show under the blue skies and green peaks of the Sacred Valley
Breakfast: Hotel Breakfast|Lunch: Manor Horse Dance Show Meal|Dinner: Selected local cuisine
Hotel: Tambo del Inka Hotel or similar
Day 5 Urubamba － Aguas Calientes － Machu Picchu
- A once-in-a-lifetime experience:
- Take a luxury Belmond Hiram Bingham (10:40am -12:24pm) to Machu Picchu, a site of the Inca Empire, one of the Seven Wonders of the New World (2-day ticket is available to explore the World Heritage Site)
- The $1,700 one-night hotel is located right next to the entrance to the ruins of Machu Picchu and is ideally located to explore the resort without the crowds
- Head to the vantage point of the Guard House for a breathtaking panoramic view of Machu Picchu. After exploring the alleys of the ancient city of Machu Picchu, take a relaxing walk back to your hotel
Breakfast: Hotel|Lunch: Train Welcome Lunch|Dinner: Hotel Dinner
Hotel: Belmond Sanctuary Lodge or similar
Day 6 Machu Picchu － Ollantaytambo － Cusco
- Machu Picchu tour (choose one of the two based on personal preference and physical ability)
- Huayna Picchu Mountaineering: Climb to the top of the Inca giants and look down on the 360-degree view of the ruins (3.5 hours, difficulty ★★★★★) Limited to 200 people per day, please inform us in advance to book tickets if the tickets have been sold
- Free to walk around the ruins of Machu Picchu
- Take the scenic train Vistadome (13:37pm-15:04pm) to Ollantaytambo station, and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the river valley along the way from the panoramic windows
- Ollantaytambo Village: Visit the Inca town where the people lived and the Inca walls
Breakfast: Hotel|Lunch: Hotel Lunch|Dinner: Selected local dishes
Hotel：Belmond Palacio Nazarenas Hotel or similar
Day 7 Cusco
- Cusco City Tour: Cusco was the capital of the Incas before the Spanish invasion and colonization, and still retains many Inca cultural sites such as ancient palaces, temples, fortresses, stone walls and churches
- Temple of the Sun Qorikancha: The glorious Inca palace was converted into a Western-style church after the Spanish invasion, and although the palace is no longer in its original form, the intricate wall masonry of the past is still impressive
- Sacsayhuaman Fortress: Visit the magnificent ancient Inca fort with a breathtaking panoramic view of Cusco
- Alpaca Farm: Feeding and close contact with alpacas and vicuñas, alpaca shearing show. Admire the ancient weaving techniques of Andean women and learn about traditional natural dyes, weaving techniques and arts
- Cusco Cathedral: The most important church in Cusco, it combines Spanish cultural architecture with Indian stone carving
- Cusco's enchanting evenings are full of Western romance. We have prepared a food map, so that you can explore freely, enjoy all kinds of food and small town atmosphere
Breakfast: Hotel|Lunch: Selected local dishes|Dinner: At your own expense
Hotel：Belmond Palacio Nazarenas Hote or similar
Day 8 Cusco － La Raya － Puno
- Hop aboard the Hiram Bingham Tran Railway, one of the world's top 10 day trains, across the Andes Mountains from Cusco to Puno and the third highest railway in the world
- IN 2017, THE NEW PERURAIL TITICACA LUXURY TRAIN DEPARTED TO PUNO. We will take a scenic railway train and enjoy the breathtaking views as we cross the Andes. While on the train, enjoy delicious food and live traditional entertainment. The bus is like a mobile restaurant, where passengers enjoy delicious lunch and afternoon tea at spacious seats and tables, with dizzying views of the Andes and cabaret performances.
- The train arrives in Puno in the evening and checks in to your hotel in Puno
Breakfast: Hotel|Lunch: On the train|Dinner: Hotel dinner
Hotel: Puno Hotel
Day 9 Puno
- Lake Titicaca is known as the little Switzerland of South America, and there is a floating island floating on the lake for hundreds of years. After breakfast, sail from the pier in Puno Bay, Puno, and arrive at ▲Uros Island in about 30 minutes. There are several reed houses and watchtowers on the island, and the island itself is made of reed grass and has a few bamboo branches stuck in the water to hold it in place, and the islanders who live on it still maintain the traditional Peruvian life.
- The islanders of Ulo often roam the waterways alone in small boats made of reeds called "totola", creating a unique appearance of Lake Titicaca. At present, there are about 40 floating islands in the lake, each island is not the same size, the small one lives about 10 people, and the big one has schools, post offices, shops, etc.! In Wuluo Island, we can understand how the islanders use reeds to build their houses and boats, and how they live on the reed floating islands, which is the most primitive way of life, and there is no modern power system and gas equipment. In addition, we can enjoy the beautiful scenery of the highest inland lake in South America, the clear sky, the turquoise water, the fresh air and quiet environment, as if walking into a dreamlike fairyland.
- Then head to the island of Taquire, where the most traditional communal community still remains, and you will need a lot of stamina to get to this island, as you will have to climb 200 meters at an altitude of 3,800 meters. But the landscape can only be described in four words: stunning! Here you can know what it is: blue sky and white clouds! Return to the pier in the evening!
Breakfast: Hotel|Lunch: Taquire|Dinner: Puno Restaurant
Hotel: GHL Puno 5 star hotel or similar
Day 10 Puno － La Paz
- After breakfast, we will go to the Peru-Bolivia border for border crossing, and enter Bolivia by car, just across the bridge from Peru and Bolivia.
- After entering Bolivia, visit Tiwanaku, one of the oldest civilizations in the Americas, said to predate the Inca civilization, which used advanced irrigation systems and terraces to grow crops in its early days, and had a population of more than 40,000 people at its peak.
- Most of Tiahuanaco's most famous stone ruins were built around the 7th and 9th centuries AD, when the stone was processed and made so smoothly and neatly cut as if it were made using sophisticated high-tech machines, which will amaze all archaeologists, and here you can admire the famous landmarks of Tiahuanaco's ancient ruins, the Porta del Sol, the stone walls and the important remains of the underground temple.
- Then head to La Paz, which means "City of Peace" in Spanish, the political and economic center of Bolivia and the largest city in the country, located in the Andean Valley, the highest capital city in the world at 3,300 to 4,100 meters above sea level. La Paz is a truly unique city, with a plethora of 19th-century churches, pre-government art museums, varied overlooks and colourful markets. The Witch Market in the heart of the city sells props and potions used in Aymara rituals, as well as souvenirs. After dinner, check in to the hotel for rest.
Breakfast: Hotel|Lunch: Flavored local meal|Dinner: La Paz Restaurant
Hotel：La Paz GRANDE 5 star luxury hotel or similar
Day 11 La Paz Tour
- La Paz, the administrative capital of Bolivia, is the capital of all the country's important administrative offices, with an altitude of about 3,829 meters, which is the highest capital in the world today, with many buildings left over from the Spanish colonial period preserved on the streets, and more than half of the city's population belongs to indigenous Indians, which is the capital with the highest proportion of Indian residents in the whole of South America.
- The city of La Paz has the buildings of the Spanish period.The city center is the Plaza Murillo named after the national hero, and the square is surrounded by the Government Palace, the Congress Building and the Catholic Church.In the square near the city center, there is a European Baroque church of San Francisco.The north of the Plaza Murillo is the old city of the colonial period.The street is paved with stone strips in a beautiful pattern, and the street is lined with simple and elegant Spanish buildings, and the Murillo Museum is located on this street, which is very distinctive.
- Visit the Valley of the Moon, a sandy and rocky terrain that originated from glaciers and is famous for its rugged moon-like landscape. The Teleferico, the world's ★ tallest and longest aerial cable car, will not be fully completed until 2019, and it is said that the Bolivian government spent nearly $250 million to build this thrilling cable car system commissioned by an Austrian company. In addition to the views of the Andes Mountains, which are more than 6,000 meters above sea level, the cable car route offers a panoramic view of the cityscape of La Paz, the world's highest capital.
Breakfast: Hotel|Lunch: Flavored local meal|Dinner: La Paz Restaurant
Hotel：La Paz GRANDE 5 star luxury hotel or similar
Day 12 La Paz － Uyuni
- In the morning, take a small inland flight to Uyuni. Upon arrival, be picked up by your guide. On the way to the salt lake, visit the train cemetery, the town of Uyuni was once an important trading center in western Bolivia, and with the change of transportation mode, abandoned steam trains are piled up in the highland desert, making the journey a special sight. Then drive to the village of Krcia on the edge of the salt lake, visit the salt factories and handicraft markets of the local residents, and drive a 4x4 into the salt lake in search of the magnificent sky mirror. Due to the arrival of the rainy season, the flat surface of the salt lake is covered with a large mirror of the sky, reflecting the blue sky and white clouds of the plateau in the water, as if entering heaven. Picnic lunch.
- Continue in the afternoon with photo shoots over the Salt Lake. In the evening, sit on the edge of the salt lake and wait for the sunset on the salt lake, taking photos of the gorgeous changes of light and shadow. After watching the sunset, return to the hotel, and after dinner, take advantage of the night light to come to the salt lake again to enjoy the magnificent night sky and take photos of the bright night sky of the salt lake. The night sky of Uyuni does not have any natural light, and with the good natural environment of the plateau, it seems that the entire Milky Way can be seen
- Note: The salt lake is just one of the attractions in southern Bolivia, and it has its own unique scenery in both the dry and rainy seasons.
- Winter from June to October is a cold climate with a large temperature difference between morning and evening, and the temperature can drop to minus 5 degrees Celsius in the middle of the night.
- Mid-December to March is the rainy season - there is a good chance to see the Sky Mirror, but the roads are muddy and if the rainfall is too deep and the water is too deep, you will not be able to visit Cactus Island and the lakes. In addition, in case of high winds and rain, it takes a long time to drive on the salt lake. In order to ensure the safety of the tour, the tour guide and tour leader will carefully observe the daily weather conditions and arrange the activity flexibly, and the driver will have the right to cancel or change the tour.
- The dry season begins from the end of March to May - when the rain subsides, the Salt Pyramid is located on the salt pans, and there is a chance that the sky mirror will appear when the water is accumulated after the rain.
Breakfast: Hotel|Lunch: Picnic in Uyuni|Dinner: Uyuni Salt Brick Hotel Restaurant
Hotel: Palacio de Sal Hotel or similar in Uyuni Salt Brick
Day 13 Uyuni
- Driving to "san cristobal", passing through the stone valley, hesitating the special climate and environment of the desert, weathering the stones into various strange shapes and continuing to the "Turquiri Lake", this lake is called black amber due to the growth of microorganisms
- After lunch, continue to Lake Hedionda, which is frequented by beautiful flamingos. In the evening, return to Uyuni and check in to the hotel for dinner.
- Points to note when moving in the highlands:
- At high altitudes, UV rays are strong, so bring sunglasses, sunscreen and lip balm.
- The temperature difference between morning and evening is large, so it is recommended to bring warm and cold clothing.
- There is a lot of sand and dust along the way, so you can bring dust-proof supplies and camera sealing bags.
- In addition to learning about the ecological tour of Yantian, group members can take this opportunity to participate in the starry sky and sunrise tour at their own expense, hoping to increase your chance of seeing the wonders of the Sky Mirror, and also hope that you can see the different and unique landscapes of the Uyuni Yantian at different points in time.
Breakfast: Hotel|Lunch: Local Specialties|Dinner: Local Specialties
Hotel: Salt Brick Hotel or similar
Day 14 Uyuni - Return to sweet home in the United States / Canada
- Uyuni - La Paz Reference flight: OB303 1030/1130
- After breakfast at the hotel in the morning, transfer to Uyuni airport for your flight to La Paz International Airport. Transfer to an international flight back to your lovely home.
Please read the terms and conditions carefully before registering.
Is this tour suitable for me?
- Suitable age: Due to quality considerations and local restrictions, only applicants over 12 years old will be accepted
- Wheelchair access: Due to limited facilities, some attractions may need to be waived without refund. VIPs using wheelchairs must be accompanied by an assistant, and the tour guide cannot assist separately
- Special diet: Please let us know when you register, and we will try our best to arrange it. We apologize for some special diets that are more restrictive, but we apologize for not being able to provide them
Local conditions :
- Triple rooms are not available for this tour
- Please check the description of the daily itinerary in detail
- Under the epidemic control, the procedures and requirements for entering the country for foreigners are different from the past, please contact Sonic Tour for the latest information
- If the visa is issued by Sonic Tour, once the document is delivered, no refund will be made under any circumstances
- Please provide a copy of your passport when registering to avoid inconvenience during your trip by mistake; It is also recommended to bring a copy of your passport with you in case you need it
- During the whole trip, you need to use the same documents as when you registered, so as not to delay the itinerary or cause unnecessary expenses or losses to the VIP if the documents do not match.
- The passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the date of return and at least 2 blank pages marked "Visas."
Flights & Baggage:
- Most airlines require a fee to pre-reserve a seat, which you can do online up to 24-48 hours before departure.
- For guests who have booked their own tickets, if there is a transfer, it is recommended to reserve at least 3 hours of transfer time.
- The weight and number of checked baggage are according to the regulations of each airline's international flight, and the excess weight fee must be borne by the VIP guests.