Terms & Conditions
- A deposit of $300 per person is required by Sonic Tours at the time of booking of reservation. Reservation will be subject to cancellation if the deposit is not received by Sonic Tours within 7 days after booking of the reservation.
- Final payment of the total tour fare is due 60 days prior to your departure date. If payment is by credit card, we will charge the balance at the time of ticketing (approximately 30 days prior to departure date). If your payment is not received by the due date, the reservation will be subject to cancellation and deposit will be forfeited.
The following fee will be assessed per person accordingly when you cancel your reservation:
A.$100 120 or more days prior to departure
B.$200 60 - 119 days prior to departure
C.$300 30 - 59 days prior to departure
D.$500 15 - 29 days prior to departure
E.$1000 3 - 14 days prior to departure
F.Tour Fare Within 48 hours prior to departure & no shows on day of departure
- Written notice of cancellation must be received by Sonic Tours either by mail, fax, or email. Oral cancellation by phone will not be acceptable.
- In addition to the above stated cancellation charges, if tickets for airlines, cruises or trains have already been issued or final confirmation has been received at the time of cancellation (regardless of number of days prior to departure), the traveler will be assessed an additional airline, cruise line, or train cancellation penalty and service charge pursuant to the supplier's rules and regulations.
- In the event of cancellation by your travel companion or roommate, you are responsible for the additional resultant single supplement
- Sonic Tours reserves the right to issue airline tickets immediately upon receipt of your tour deposit.
TOUR FARE INCLUDES: (Fare is in US dollars, per person)
Travel Insurance Plan:
- When you confirm a reservation and final payment is received by Sonic Tours for a scheduled group series at least 60 days prior to departure, Sonic Tours will purchase coverage for your vacation travel through Travel Guard, a third party insurance carrier, at no additional charge to you (see details of coverage in our brochure or "Travel Insurance") page at this website. Exceptions: city packages, online specials or any other promotions. We also offer an optional protection plan at your own expense, when we receive your final payment inside of 60 days prior to departure. Insured customers should direct any claim requests to the insurance company.
PREMIERE SERIES - (P1)insurance plan features full cancellation and interruption coverage.
DELUXE, ASIA, INDIA, EGYPT SERIES - (P3)insurance plan features interruption coverage with optional cancellation coverage
Land Only Package
Passengers are responsible for their own roundtrip international air from your hometown in the USA.
Special airfares from your hometown are available with the purchase of these tour series. Please check this site for up-to-date offers. Offered prices are good only with the concurrent purchase of these tour series. A 60-day advance purchase is required at the offered prices.
Please see your chosen itinerary for arrival and departure cities.
Land Only passengers are responsible for arrival transfer (to hotel) and departure transfer (from hotel).
- Hotel check-in time is 2:00pm on the 1st day of the tour
- Hotel check-out time is 11:00am on the last day of the tour
Land with Air Package
Passengers that elect to purchase roundtrip international air along with the land/cruise tour package – a round trip international economy class air ticket from the gateway city will be included with the tour. Gateway cities are Los Angeles, San Francisco, and New York. Passengers that elect to purchase their own US domestic add-on air to the gateway city do so at their own risk; Sonic Tours reserves the right to change international airline used without prior notice. Air carrier and routing is at the discretion of Sonic Tours
Fuel surcharges are included in the advertised international airfare and are at risk to change throughout the year at the discretion of the airlines.
- All government taxes/fees associated with airline tickets are also included in the advertised international airfare and are at risk to change throughout the year at the discretion of the relevant government authority.
- Sonic Tours releases our air allotments at 60 days prior to departure. Therefore if final payment is not received 60 days prior to departure, or the reservation is made inside of 60 days prior to departure, Sonic Tours will be unable to guarantee the air at the advertised price.
- Solo traveler or customer who occupies his/her own room is required to pay a single room rate. Single room is subject to availability upon request
- When the hotel listed in the tour is not available, a similar category hotel will be substituted without prior notice.
Meals will be provided in hotels, local restaurants or onboard the cruise or flights as specified in the itinerary
While the sightseeing program is specified in the itinerary, its final arrangement will be determined by the local tour escort based on local circumstances which are beyond the control of Sonic Tours, such as weather, acts of God, dangers, incidents at sea, fire, break down in machinery or equipment, acts of government or authorities and wars under local condition. However, we will adhere to the original itinerary as accurately as possible.
Admissions / Entrance Fees
All necessary main entrance fees for the programs or places mentioned in the itinerary will be included.
- Air-conditioned ground transportation
A tour manager throughout China, Asia, India and Egypt is automatically included in all tour programs when the group has more than 10 persons (Exception: Minimum six persons for Premiere Series). Hong Kong portion (if applicable) for all tour series is escorted and hosted by our Hong Kong office.
All city packages, independent packages, extensions, and Dubai portion are locally hosted
TOUR FARE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Roundtrip airfare from your hometown (for land only packages) or roundtrip airfare from your hometown to the gateway city (for land with air packages); meals not mentioned in itinerary; insurance premiums; charges arising from deviation; any expenses due to delay or changes of schedule, overbooking of accommodations, default of any third parties, sickness, weather, strike, acts of God, acts of terrorism, acts of government's civil disturbances, war, quarantine, customs regulations, epidemics, criminal activity or for any other cause beyond Sonic Tours' control; any personal charges such as passport and visa fees, excess baggage charges, phone bills, postage, laundry, drinks, etc
- Unused Tour Features: Any unused tour features either on air or ground transportation or for land arrangements are not refundable or exchangeable.
Tour Price Guarantee:
All tour prices in our brochure and website are in US dollars and are based on rates and costs in effect at the time of printing the brochure (August 1, 2012) or posting on the website.
Tour price is guaranteed once Sonic Tours has received your full payment. All prices are subject to change without prior notice and any price quoted for intended tours and travel arrangements are not deemed as contractual until the full payment has been received.
Only currency surcharges, airline fuel surcharges and government imposed taxes/fees, cost increases by local handling agencies, or flight schedule changes which require additional nights and cost to be added to the package will result in an additional charges to each passenger.
All tours are guaranteed departures with a minimum of 6 adult passengers. When the total number of tour members should fall below ten persons, then Sonic Tours reserves the right to operate as a locally hosted tour.
To ensure the smooth operation of the tour, Sonic Tours recommends that travelers be in good health. Please consult your physician regarding your wellness and ability to travel long distances. Any physical or mental disability which requires special treatment or attention must be reported to Sonic Tours at the time of reservation. Sonic Tours will make reasonable efforts to accommodate the special needs of disabled participants, but is not responsible for any denial of services by carriers, hotels, restaurants, or other suppliers. Tour buses are not equipped with wheelchair ramps. Wheelchairs and walkers cannot be carried on tour buses, due to space limitations. We regret that we cannot provide individual assistance to a tour member for walking, getting on/off tour buses and other transportation vehicles, or other personal needs. A qualified travel companion must accompany travelers who need assistance. Sonic Tours reserves the right to exclude passengers who are physically or mentally unfit to undertake long trips, in the interest of the whole tour group.
* Baggage is at the owner's risk throughout and baggage insurance is recommended. Sonic Tours is not responsible for loss, theft, damage or delay to passenger's luggage.
* Baggage allowance varies by airline and is subject to change at any time. Additional baggage charges may apply. For up to date baggage allowance restrictions, always check with the appropriate airline for the latest regulations prior to departure.
* Baggage allowance in China and Asia domestic flights is restricted to one piece only and not to exceed 44 lbs or 20 kg.
* Some airlines may impose additional charges for checked baggage. Please contact your airline or refer to its website for detailed information regarding your airline's checked baggage policies.
* SExcess baggage charge and insurance are at the owner's responsibility.
Deviation is subject to availability upon request. In addition to the airlines, hotels, or transfer surcharges, there will be a US$50 per person service charge for any deviation from the tour.
Travel Documents /e-Tickets:
In general, all travel documents will be sent to you 21 days prior to departure via 2nd day priority. Overnight delivery can be arranged at additional cost. If we obtained the entry visa for you, the passport will be sent with the travel documents.
One change is allowed free of charge after your reservation is confirmed, based on availability. US$50 will be charged for each of the subsequent changes. Once documents / tickets have been issued, no change is permitted.
All customers' passports must be valid for at least 6 months from the return date of your trip. Please consult with your travel agent or Sonic Tours if you have a non-US passport.
Entry Visa:We assume you hold a valid US passport
No entry visa required for US passport holders going to: Thailand (up to 30 days), Japan (up to 90 days), Singapore (up to 90 days), Malaysia (up to 90 days), and United Arab Emirates (for stay up to 30 days, may obtain visa at the port of entry for no fee).
Entry visa is required for US passport holders going to China, Cambodia, Vietnam, Egypt, and India.
* $180 check for single entry China visa with validity of 6 months from the issuance date and good for a stay of up to 30 days.
* Make check payable to "Sonic Tours" and mail original passport along with one passport size 2"X 2" color photo and completed China visa application form to Sonic Tours at least 45 days prior to departure.
* $125 check for single entry Vietnamese visa with validity of 90 days from the issuance date and good for a stay of up to 30 days.
* Make check payable to "Sonic Tours" and mail passport copy along with one passport size 2" X 2" color photo and completed.
* You may obtain a 30-day e-visa online at http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh. To apply online, a valid US passport, one recent passport size 2" X 2" color photo in digital format (JPEG or PNG format), and a valid credit card (Visa/MasterCard) will be required. Or you may pay $25 cash to Cambodia Customs upon arrival at the Siem Reap Airport or major border crossings. Visa application form will be available upon arrival.
- Egypt: Tourists can obtain a renewable 30-day tourist visa on arrival at an Egyptian airport for a $15 fee, payable in U.S. dollars (see www.travel.state.gov)
- ndia: Entry visa is required for US passport holders going to India. Please apply directly with the appropriate embassy prior to arrival. Indian visa regulations change frequently. Travelers are urged to check the website of Indian Government's Ministry of Home Affairs at http://www.mha.nic.in
- If we are providing entry visa procurement services for you, we will keep your passport (with the entry visa) to be sent along with your travel documents. If you require your passport sooner, please enclose additional $15 check so that we can send it back immediately upon its return from the embassy.
- If you are applying for your own visa, a copy of your passport and entry visa should be sent to Sonic Tours. All documents and tickets will be issued under your passport name.
- The visa fee is non-refundable for any reason and is subject to change at any time.
- Sonic Tours is not responsible when you are denied entrance for any reason at any foreign country, even if you have a valid passport and visa.
- Visa requirements may change at any time. The up-to-date requirements may be found in this site.
Last minute booking (within 60 days prior to departure) is subject to availability and taken only with full payment.
Charge for Children:
For children 11 years old and under, if they share a room with parents or two adults and not ask for an extra bed, the cost is 80% of the regular adult price; if they need a bed in the same room with parent(s) or adult(s), the cost will be 90% of the regular adult price. Children 12 and older will be charged at the regular adult price.
To meet your shopping needs, certain shopping stops during the tour have been arranged by the local handling agency. Although Sonic Tours' tour managers will be happy to assist you with any shopping requirements, we do not take any responsibility for any items purchased at shops on the tour. Any after sales correspondence must be between the customer and the shops.
Sonic Tours will not discuss or disclose any details of our clients' trip with any third party other than the clients' authorized agent, the airlines, hotels, and land & cruise operators.
Claims and Complaints:
If a client has a complaint against Sonic Tours during the tour concerning any part of the services provided by Sonic Tours, the client must inform the tour manager or local guide at the earliest opportunity to allow the grievance to be resolved. If satisfaction cannot be reached through these means on tour, then further complaints must be put in writing to our office, quoting your booking number, at the earliest opportunity and no later than 30 days after your return. All complaints must be set to
Errors and Omissions:
Although Sonic Tours makes a concerted attempt to verify the accuracy of statements made herein, Sonic Tours is not responsible for typographical or printing errors, omissions or unintentional misrepresentations made in this brochure or on the website.
- Availability of tour packages at listed prices in the brochure is limited, and at the time you purchase your tour, prices may be changed. For the latest tour details and pricing, please check our website Sonitour.com or call our toll free number at 1-800-266-8988.
- Federal Taxes and Fees...............$64 - $71
- September 11th Security Fee ..$2.50 - $10
- China Taxes and fees..................$15.60 - $55
- Thailand Taxes and fees................$3 - $10
- Vietnam Taxes and Fees..............$45 - $90
- Cambodia Taxes and Fees............ $22.20 - $25
- Malaysia Taxes and Fees..................... $21
- Egypt Taxes and Fees..................$21 - $42
- India Taxes and Fees......................$35 - $107
- Sonic Tours, as tour operator, acts only as an agent for contracted services. All travel arrangements included in this trip are made on participant's behalf upon the express condition that neither Sonic Tours nor its agents shall be liable or responsible in the absence of its (or their) negligence for any direct, indirect, consequential harm, or irregularity of any kind which may be accessioned by reason of any act or omission of any person or entity, including without limitation, any act of negligence or breach of contract of any third party such as an airline, train, motor coach, private car, cruise vessel, boat, or any other conveyance, hotel, sightseeing provider, local ground-handler, restaurant, etc., which is to or does supply any goods or services for this trip. Participant understands that Sonic Tours neither owns nor operates such third party suppliers and accordingly agrees to seek remedies directly and only with those suppliers and not hold Sonic Tours responsible for their acts, omissions or commissions. Without their limiting the foregoing, Sonic Tours and its agents are not responsible for any losses or expenses due to delay or changes of schedule, over booking of accommodations, default of any third parties, sickness, weather, strike, acts of God, acts of terrorism, acts of government's civil disturbances, war, quarantine, customs regulations, epidemics, criminal activity or for any other cause beyond its control. All such losses or expenses have to be borne and paid for by the participant.
- Sonic Tours accepts no responsibility for value, reliability, quality or authenticity of any goods purchased while on tour or for any mailing, freight or shipping arrangements.
- Sonic Tours reserves the right to decline to accept, or retain any person as tour participant, should such person's health, mental condition, physical infirmity or general deportment impede the operation of the tour or the rights, welfare or enjoyment of other tour participant.
- Sonic Tours reserves the right to substitute hotels, and alter the itinerary, withdraw any tour and make any desirable alteration for the convenience of the operation of tours. Sonic Tours reserves the right to cancel the tour prior to departure for any reason. Liability for such cancellation is limited to full refund of money received by Sonic Tours, and this will constitute full settlement with the tour member.
- Baggage is carried at owner's risk and baggage insurance is recommended. Sonic Tours is not responsible for loss, theft, damage or delay to passenger's luggage
- Sonic Tours is not responsible for typographical or printing errors or omissions in this website
- Sonic Tours accepts no responsibility for cost, which may occur as a result of a participant failing to secure adequate insurance coverage, which coverage is highly recommended. Generally, your health insurance does not cover expenses outside the USA
- Sonic Tours is not responsible for participant's visa or passport requirements, nor will a refund of unused services be made, nor reimbursement of any additional expenditure if a participant is denied entry to a country for this or any other reason.
- The general conditions under which you agree to utilize the services of Sonic Tours may not be amended in any way, except in writing, by an authorized officer of Sonic Tours. By utilizing the services of Sonic Tours, you agree that the exclusive venue for all claims shall be the County of Los Angeles, State of California, and such claims shall be determined according to the laws and jurisdiction of the State of California
- The issuance of tickets and vouchers shall be deemed to be consent to the above terms and conditions
Class Action Waiver
- THIS CONTRACT CONTAINS A BINDING CLASS ACTION WAIVER PROVISION WHICH AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND MAY BE ENFORCED BY THE PARTIES TO THE CONTRACT
- This contract provides for the exclusive resolution of disputes through individual arbitration on tour purchaser's or tour participant's own behalf instead of through any class action. Even if the applicable law provides otherwise, tour purchaser or tour participant agrees that any arbitration against Sonic Tours whatsoever shall be litigated by tour purchaser or tour participant and not as a member of any class or as part of a class action, and tour purchaser or tour participant expressly agrees to waive any law entitling tour purchaser or tour participant to participate in a class action.
- The general conditions under which you agree to utilize the services of Sonic Tours may not be amended in any way, except in writing, by an authorized officer of Sonic Tours. By utilizing the services of Sonic Tours, you agree that the exclusive venue for all claims shall be the County of Los Angeles, State of California, and such claims shall be determined according to the laws and jurisdiction of the State of California. The issuance of tickets and vouchers shall be deemed to be consent to the above terms and conditions
Important note on taxes, fees, and fuel surcharges
The United States Department of Transportation mandates that airline fuel surcharges and all government taxes/fees be included in the advertised price of any tour package that includes airfare. However, it is a fact that airlines and relevant government agencies periodically change these amounts throughout the year at their sole discretion. Please keep in mind that Sonic Tours has included fuel surcharges and all government taxes/fees in our brochure and website based on the print date (August 1, 2012) and post date. Being under deposit does not constitute a price guarantee. You will be responsible for any price increases due to changes in fuel surcharges/taxes/fees unless you have paid in full for your tour package.
NOTICE FOR GETTING QUOTATION THRU SONICTOUR.COM
Please be advised, the quotation is only an estimate of the tour or package you are interested in. It does not denote a confirmation for spaces held nor will any charge be applied to you. An agent will contact you thru phone or email. If you would like to proceed with the booking, please let the Sonic Tour agent know. We will work to the best of our ability to provide you with an invoice if any payments are made. Please contact us for any accounting information you require. Information on this website is deemed reliable but may not be 100% accurate at all times. Please call for up to date details.